Cost of the project:
1 124 201.17 BGN
Varna Free University "Chernorizets Hrabar" participates as a partner in the „Innovative smart hubs web based platform for remote monitoring and intelligent management of comprehensive decisions on HVAC (heating ventilation air conditioning) and HHW (household hot water) from “Eldominvest” Ltd.
Developing an integrated software and hardware platform (SMART HUBS) incorporating individual management modules into a complex WEB-based environment is an innovative improvement on the management layer level. The developed platform is managed through a software or mobile application from a personal computer, smartphone or tablet, and shall allow multiple devices to be connected in an integrated system. Integration will allow the development of innovative software models for optimization and building algorithms for systems control and devices management at an appropriate level. Managing the operating regimes shall take into account the efficiency of energy sources used, the technical characteristics of the integrated systems, the environmental parameters, and the microclimate under control. At the core of the innovative approach are management algorithms leading to the production of intelligent HVAC (HEATING VENTILATION AIR-CONDITIONING) and DHW (Domestic Hot Water) systems. The main tasks of intelligent HVAC systems are to provide a combination of optimum comfort and energy efficiency requiring with minimal owner or user interference and timely identifying any upcoming or emerging issues concerning the equipment operation or consumption. The software management is at the base of the complex impact on environment parameters. The energy optimization software includes various software applications that allow tracking electricity bills, real-time measurements, structuring HVAC and DHW management systems, energy consumption forecast, carbon emissions reporting, IT equipment management, thus the solutions provide tools to reduce energy costs by collecting consumption data and using them for three main purposes: monitoring, analysis, and control and management.
1. In-depth study of existing applications of new information technologies in the field of remote monitoring and intelligent management of data centers including SMART thermostats and controllers, virtual energy monitoring boards, real-time data analysis tools and optimization algorithms. Identify and analyze the types of data and knowledge needed to make expert decisions in the area studied. Study of existing field data submitted electronically and their analysis. Development of specific requirements for the developed system.
2. Creation of databases and knowledge necessary for efficient operation of the developed platform. Formulation of requirements and development of the functional architecture of the platform.
3. Development of a conceptual and functional architecture of an innovative WEB-based platform (SMART HUBS) for remote monitoring and intelligent management of complete solutions for HVAC and DHW by ELDOMINVEST Ltd.
4. Development of a research platform, a software solution demonstrated in an operating environment for remote monitoring and intelligent management of complete solutions for HVAC and DHW.
5. Testing and validating the software solution.